baslinux - Re: [BL] compile a new naim statically against uclibc anyone?

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] compile a new naim statically against uclibc anyone?
  • Date: Sun, 16 Mar 2008 23:56:20 -0500 (CDT)

On Mon, 17 Mar 2008, Steven wrote:

> http://www.basiclinux.com.ru/add-ons/naim.gz
>
> That's just the executable. After gzipping it
> you might need to do: chmod +x

I'm happy to report that the version of naim you compiled works on a
virgin BL3 installation! (the qemu version) Great work and response
timing! I did chmod it like you said, but didn't check
properties/permissions first, so I'm not sure whether it was necessary.
But I can report that, after chmod'ing, I simply ran the binary from where
I gunzipped it, entered my login info, and I was online and able to chat.
The colors were a little wierd, but functionality seemed normal. I'd say
package it up and make it available for download. I can host it at my site
if you'd like. Btw, it looks like you don't really need ncurses from
Slack4 as I had been presuming: I didn't install anything at all prior to
gunzipping, chmod'ing and running the binary. I should also mention that I
ran it in a console, not an xterm.

Thanks again,
James