baslinux - Re: [BL] My BASIC Linux derivative SAMEL

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] My BASIC Linux derivative SAMEL
  • Date: Sun, 14 Oct 2007 17:59:22 +0200

baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org wrote:
Statically linked against dietlibc. Back up one directory. vim, pcmcia, kbd, gzip, coreutils, binutils....

What are the relative merits of uclibc (later versions require kernel 2.4+) and dietlibc?
I did not try.

Are there sites with other assembly-language linux programs than what is in asmutils? Did you include e3pi as editor?

I included e3ws. You can rename it to e3pi or e3vi to get different style.
Do you know how to port DOS nasm programs with hardware calls to linux?
Quite hard to do, switch from 16 bit to 32 bit requires complete rewriting of the program.
My partner wrote a 4K editor that works under dosemu and does a lot.
It seems that e3, under some conditions, can be shrunken to this size, too

http://linux.softpedia.com/get/Text-Editing-Processing/Others/e3-720.shtml

and kernel modules from here

http://riksun.riken.go.jp/pub/pub/Linux/slackware/slackware-7.1/modules/2.2.16/net/

For BL3 kernel you need Stephen's 2.2.26 modules not SW71 2.2.16.
I started from hard disk version and it uses 2.2.16. Maybe I will replace the kernel later.
I just uploaded new version of SAMEL linux, which boots in 3 megabytes
even with syslinux, so I removed loadlin and added more programs
Samir

Sounds great! We have had a few failing computers that would boot with syslinux but not loadlin sometimes.

Thanks.

Samir