baslinux - Re: [BL] My BASIC Linux derivative SAMEL

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] My BASIC Linux derivative SAMEL
  • Date: Sat, 20 Oct 2007 23:09:38 +0200

baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org wrote:
On Sun, Oct 14, 2007 at 05:59:22PM +0200, Samir wrote:
baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org wrote:
Are there sites with other assembly-language linux programs than what is in asmutils? Did you include e3pi as editor?
I included e3ws. You can rename it to e3pi or e3vi to get different style.

Don't rename (move) the binary - just symlink (or hardlink, as Steven
did in BL) it. e3 can act as several editors - vi, pico, emacs, nedit
or wordstar, depending on how it is called. So, to have all e3 modes
available in the system:

I will, maybe, do it in next version of SAMEL , the current one has only 32 inodes in ext2 partition (which supports symbolic links), but after I discovered
that it is possible, with last version of upx, to compress busybox included in initfs.gz, I will reformat this initial ramdisk with probably same RAM consumption .