baslinux - Re: [BL] My BASIC Linux derivative SAMEL

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] My BASIC Linux derivative SAMEL
  • Date: Sat, 13 Oct 2007 14:11:32 +0200 (MEST)

It could be interesting to add mp3blaster.

We could have a complete internet radio receiver in a floppy.

Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2007 02:17:59 +0200
From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
Subject: [BL] My BASIC Linux derivative SAMEL

Because floppy based Linux distributions require more RAM than hard disk
based, I just prepared special floppy distribution intended for
computers with minimal RAM (3 megabytes) but without hard disk. I gave
it backronim SAMEL, (also the name of my two months old son) meaning:
Small And Memory Economic Linux.

The floppy contains
- Kernel from BASIC Linux
- initfs.gz modified to point to the floppy
- all asmutils programs
- syslinux loader
- loadlin loader from DOS
- 800 kilobytes free space

It is on 1.44 floppy disk and uses only initial RAM disk. The image file
for testing will be soon availabel on my BASIC Linux addons site.

Samir