baslinux - Re: [BL] My BASIC Linux derivative SAMEL

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] My BASIC Linux derivative SAMEL
  • Date: Sun, 14 Oct 2007 00:35:27 -0700

Re: My BASIC Linux derivative SAMEL

Sure would be nice to get a bootable Linux that reliably downloads to,
and works in, a standard 1.4MB floppy disk. Sometimes on questionable
floppy disks (or perhaps their 3.5" drives), fdformat'ing for the
~1.7MB req of a tomsrtbt will fail whereas fdformat'ing for the
standard 1.4MB size will work fine (e.g., for the pair of standard
Slackware "boot" and "root" disks)

Having such a boot floppy would help recognize the N.I.C.'s and
display card's chipsets for effective BL3 netsetup and Slackware 4.0
Xserver installs.

Will SAMEL do this?