baslinux - Re: [BL] Some questions

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Some questions
  • Date: Sat, 13 Oct 2007 23:00:00 +1300

Message from Steven
===================
Johnny wrote:
> How I have access to the floppy drive in BL

Insert floppy, then execute:
------------------
mount /dev/fd0 /fd
------------------

> I checked the diskusage etc. and it means, that
> the dev/loop0 (19,7mb)is full, but I have much
> more space on the hdd (6GB), how can I increase
> the space?

The best way is to install BL3 to its own HD partition.
If that is not an option, then it is possible to create
a bigger loop file. If you need directions, see the
archive or ask here.

> is there a tool like gparted (I normally use Ubuntu)
> for BL?

What does gparted do?

> how I can get the German Layout?

In the archive there is some discussion using foreign
keyboards in BL3.

> I am looking for a c++ compiler for BL, is there someone good?

You can install that from Slackware 4.0 (once you have more space).

> Is there a way to get bash on it?

BL3 uses the ash shell. It is very similar to bash and is
able to execute most bash commands. If you really need
the genuine bash, it can be installed from Slackware 4.0.