baslinux - [BL] RE : Re: RE : Re: can't mount a partition

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [BL] RE : Re: RE : Re: can't mount a partition
  • Date: Mon, 6 Aug 2007 16:43:48 +0200 (CEST)

Hi! This is Czerno.

Yane wrote :

> You cannot unmount /DOS, beacuse that is where the root filesystem
> is.

> You should be able to remount it, using a command along the lines
> of

> mount -o remount -t vfat /dev/hda1 /DOS

> (Can't be absolutely certain as all I have here is the qemu
> version)

Well, I had tried the above even before I asked my question to the
list, and no it doesn't work as intended, the mount type stays msdos
as before, even though it doesn't yield an error message. All I've
succeeded to do (if I can remember correctly) is 'umount -r' and then
'mount -o remount' which mounts read/write again, but the -t option
has no effect whatsoever. Couldn't the initial script be changed so
initrd/DOS is mounted as vfat once and for all ?
I guess the vfat.o module would have to be included in the compressed
initial ram disk too, but details - of course - are much above my
head.

Cheers

--
Czerno