baslinux - Re: [BL] RE : Re: can't mount a partition

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Cc: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] RE : Re: can't mount a partition
  • Date: Mon, 6 Aug 2007 11:15:47 GMT

> >> /DOS is mounted at init time as type MSDOS. May I "umount" it and
> >> re-mount as VFAT without risks ?
>
> Self-answer : umount fails, tells /DOS is in use. I guess this one is
> for
> Steven...

I'm not Steven, but ...

You cannot unmount /DOS, beacuse that is where the root filesystem is.

You should be able to remount it, using a command along the lines of

mount -o remount -t vfat /dev/hda1 /DOS

(Can't be absolutely certain as all I have here is the qemu version)

> >> Finally, are all mounts automatically undone at halt/reboot,
>
> That also...

Yes - look in /etc/inittab

You will see some commands run at shutdown:

::shutdown:/sbin/swapoff -a
::shutdown:/sbin/umount -a -r 2>/dev/null

The umount command unmounts anything mounted (and sends the output to
/dev/null
so you don't see it on the console.

Cheers

Yane