baslinux - Re: [BL] 3c589C

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] 3c589C
  • Date: Sun, 1 Jul 2007 08:00:13 +1000

Hi Folks,

On Sun, 01 Jul 2007 08:07:14 +1200
baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org wrote:

> Message from Steven
> > mostly anonymous - people can't be identified by their email
> > addresses anymore. Or even by From: header's name for that
> > matter. And I find that really annoying, when trying to
> > read posts on this list.
>
> This was done to avoid users getting unsolicited emails
> sent directly to their email addresses. Earlier this
> year we had someone here sending threatening and abusive
> emails to some users. This was the only way I could find
> to keep the addresses confidental.
>
> If all users want this changed, I will do so.

I, for one, would welcome a return to non-anonynous posts.

I have found it a little bit un-friendly not knowing who I would be
replying to, except for the few of us who make a point of identifying
ourselves.

I know the reason why this came about, but I think the problem has gone
away now.

Regards,
Ron
--