baslinux - [BL] 3c589C

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [BL] 3c589C
  • Date: Sat, 30 Jun 2007 20:32:04 -0100

Hello,

Still busy with my digital picture frame project. Someone here mentioned
some posts from Aaron about a related project, though, I am unable to
find these posts, can somebody give me a hint. I have used the google
search mentioned on the support page.

Now, on the previous baslin release I was perfectly able to use
networking. I used a 3c589C pcmcia card. Though in the new baslin
release I am unable to get it working. I followed the instructions from
this post:
https://lists.ibiblio.org/sympa/arc/baslinux/2005-April/007326.html

Though the problem is that those instructions were for an older baslin
release and they don't seem to work on the newer release.

The only cause for the problem that I can find is the fact that I am
using a slackware 7 module. Though the new baslin release seems to be
based on slackware 4. And slackware 4 doesn't seem to have the module
for the card available (3c589_cs). Is there some way to get my
networking working with the current card I have?

Yours
-Peter Rus