baslinux - Re: [BL] 3c589C

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] 3c589C
  • Date: Sat, 30 Jun 2007 22:13:01 +0300

On Sat, Jun 30, 2007 at 08:32:04PM -0100, baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Still busy with my digital picture frame project. Someone here mentioned
> some posts from Aaron about a related project, though, I am unable to
> find these posts, can somebody give me a hint.

----
https://lists.ibiblio.org/sympa/arc/baslinux/2007-June/thread.html
----

Looking for authors is impossible (possible, if you search through message
content, but for that you have to download gzipped month archives and
manually grep/search through them. besides, many people don't bother
to sign the messages, so sometimes you can get really confused when
reading threads - it is hard to understand who is answering whom. In
that case, you have to look for spelling, punctuation and indentation
style differences and analyze them to know who wrote what), because of
one "newbie-friendly" "spam preventing" feature, that was introduced in
March and rendered this mailing list mostly anonymous - people can't be
identified by their email addresses anymore. Or even by From: header's
name for that matter. And I find that really annoying, when trying to
read posts on this list.

Karolis