baslinux - Re: [BL] 3c589C

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] 3c589C
  • Date: Sat, 30 Jun 2007 22:36:51 -0100

Message from Steven
> ===================
> Peter Rus wrote:
>
>> Okay, I have found the modules and put them in place.
>> Now I encounter a new problem. I need pciutils' lspci
>> to check out which pcmcia chipset I use.
>>

> Really? According to the lspci manpage:
> lspci is a utility for displaying information
> about all PCI buses in the system and all
> devices connected to them.
> What does that have to do with PCMCIA? There
> is nothing on the lspci manpage about PCMCIA.

Well, after all the pcmcia bridge is just a bridge that connects pcmcia
cards to the pci bus, so it should display the pcmcia bus. AFAIK it has
done so on all other laptops I have
>> and I need to know the pcmcia chipset to find a
>> module for it
>>

> Why? AFAIK the module needs to match the PCMCIA
> card not the PCMCIA chipset on the laptop.

Well, I get the following error when I start the pcmcia service:
"ds: no socket drivers loaded!"

I am going to reinstall baslin right now because I might have fiddled
around a bit too much with modules. Just to be sure.