baslinux - Re: [BL] 3c589C

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] 3c589C
  • Date: Sun, 01 Jul 2007 06:59:40 +1200

Message from Steven
===================
Peter Rus wrote:

> The only cause for the problem that I can
> find is the fact that I am using a slackware 7
> module. Though the new baslin release seems to
> be based on slackware 4. And slackware 4 doesn't
> seem to have the module for the card available
> (3c589_cs)

BL3 does not use the modules from Slackware 7.
It does not use the modules from Slackware 4.
It uses 2.2.26 modules available at the BL3 website.

Go to the BL3 homepage, look for the following words:
BasicLinux has a slim IDE kernel and a small set of
common modules. Additional modules and alternative
kernels are here.
Click on the word "here".