baslinux - Re: [BL] 3c589C

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] 3c589C
  • Date: Sun, 01 Jul 2007 08:07:14 +1200

Message from Steven
> mostly anonymous - people can't be identified by their email
> addresses anymore. Or even by From: header's name for that
> matter. And I find that really annoying, when trying to
> read posts on this list.

This was done to avoid users getting unsolicited emails
sent directly to their email addresses. Earlier this
year we had someone here sending threatening and abusive
emails to some users. This was the only way I could find
to keep the addresses confidental.

If all users want this changed, I will do so.