baslinux - Re: [BL] text processors

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] text processors
  • Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2007 04:53:22 +0000 (UTC)

For Linux, I use Nedit (requires X).

I, too, use nedit. It's a nice flexible editor.
http://www.nedit.org/ftp/v5_1_1/executables/

I am downloading the generic glibc linux binary: http://www.nedit.org/ftp/v5_1_1/executables/nedit-5.1.1-linux-glibc.tar.gz

This is not a Slackware-type package. You put the binary and doc and man pages where you want them. There is also an nc (16K). nedit is about 2MB. Needs libXmu libXt libSM libICE libXext libX11 libm libc. I would need to add only the first two to BL3-with-Opera.

Thanks for summarizing the advantages - search and replace, programmable key combinations. It seems to offer a choice of mouse or keyboard.

I loaded X.
The .doc file says to just type nedit, which I did.

NEdit. Xlib. Locale C not supported.

??