baslinux - Re: [BL] BL3 install

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: <baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BL3 install
  • Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2007 23:28:45 +0200

Salve a tutti,
I could not startx on Bl3.50 dos version.

> ......... F8 keeps windows from
> booting, but you may also need to hit F5 (I don't know in what order). Do
> you have a config.sys file with himem.sys in it?

I have no himem.sys in config.sys file.
I tried to boot from Dos this way: F8 and, according to your hint changing
bootgui=1 to bootgui=0 in msdos.sys.
X does not work.

I would like to install Bl3.40 floppy version (and maybe Bl2.1 floppy
version, I dowloaded also bas2hd.zip) to hd.
I have these partions:
hada1 primary boot (windows98 installed) 1.2 Gb
hada2 primary linux swap 128 Mb
hda5 boot (deli linux installed) 350Mb
hda6 linux (BL3.40?) 150 Mb
hda7 linux (Bl2.10?) 170 Mb

Lilo is on MBR: now when booting I may choose win98 or delilinux.
Is it possible to install Bl2.10 and Bl3.40 that way and to boot from lilo
with the option to choose the different OSs?
If yes, how? Or am I to change partitions?
Please excuse me for so many questions. Thank you all for any help.
Regards,
Giuseppe