baslinux - Re: [BL] sound recording.

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] sound recording.
  • Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2007 20:38:42 +0000 (UTC)

On Fri, 23 Mar 2007 baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org wrote:

He

I was researching on the Internet about CD ripping and sound recording
and found this

There is something that I was wondering when I read this. The whole text is
at:

http://www.jaymzworld.com/pages/av.shtml

I know at least three different ways to extract audio from DVD.

The simplest way to record from an audio source is to simply
connect a loop between your soundcard output and line in ports.
You can then set Line In as a recording source and play your
music normally. This is how I write streaming audio to file.
Another way to write streaming audio is to use one of the

Do you think that this guy means connecting the input and output ports
with some kind of wire. Or is he talking about a looping command (no
physical wire).

This would only work if you are playing the sound on your computer in the first place (internet radio, a music CD). Yes it is a cable. Instead of line out going to the speakers, it would go to the line in.

If you want to record from the radio or a CD player or tape deck, run the cable from the line out of your receiver to the line in of the sound card.

I think you need a full-duplex sound card to play and record at the same time, something with DMA1 and DMA16 (or DMA2) which are not the same. SBPro probably cannot do that, nor can some cheaper SB cards.

Sam, what command or program do you use to capture the incoming sound
to a wav file (to 'set line in as the recording source').