baslinux - Re: [BL] busybox sed

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: BasicLinux List <baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [BL] busybox sed
  • Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2007 20:32:17 +0000 (UTC)

On Fri, 23 Mar 2007 baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org wrote:

Message from Steven
===================

Lee was right. The busybox sed is rubbish.
I've had endless problems getting my new
sed scripts to run with busybox, so I've
ripped out the cheap and nasty busybox sed
and replaced it with mini-sed, a small but
comprehensive version. It works *much* better.

The busybox gzip is also inadequate and cannot be used with the latest lynx (2.8.6 any version), which wants a switch it does not have, resulting in 'error uncompressing temporary file' messages at many sites. I don't know if BL3.50 busybox includes gzip, because the losetup routine you suggested to look at the fs.img file did not work for me. Have you had time to check out why?

The latest gzip 1.3.9 glibc-2.2.6-dynamic is 52K. The uclibc-static one is larger and does not work. I will add GNU gzip to my BL3.50.

README says it can decompress files created by gzip, compress or pack. The latter two create compressed files ending in .Z and .z, which I have never seen. Omitting them might produce a smaller gzip. Steven, do you want to try this for BL3? Makefile has something about unlzh and unlzw and lzw and unpack as well as gzip, unzip, and zip (OBJECTS) but I don't know what parts go with compress and pack.

Sindi

  • [BL] busybox sed, baslinux, 03/23/2007
    • Re: [BL] busybox sed, baslinux, 03/23/2007