baslinux - [BL] sound recording.

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [BL] sound recording.
  • Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2007 10:14:34 +0100

He

I was researching on the Internet about CD ripping and sound recording
and found this

There is something that I was wondering when I read this. The whole text is
at:

http://www.jaymzworld.com/pages/av.shtml

I know at least three different ways to extract audio from DVD.

The simplest way to record from an audio source is to simply
connect a loop between your soundcard output and line in ports.
You can then set Line In as a recording source and play your
music normally. This is how I write streaming audio to file.
Another way to write streaming audio is to use one of the

Do you think that this guy means connecting the input and output ports
with some kind of wire. Or is he talking about a looping command (no
physical wire).

(Well i am not gong to extract audio from DVD but i am interested in
his method to understand the principles)