baslinux - [BL] Networking question questions

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [BL] Networking question questions
  • Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2007 13:05:33 -0700 (PDT)

Hi All,

    1)
      I am a newbie for BL3. I love this software because It is very
small.
      I put basic linux on floppy and boot up on my PC which is a bit
modern PC.
      I could not bring up network while doing ifconfig.
      Could s.b please help me to figure out.
      2)
      If I want to join BL can I get the source code for free?
      Please tell me where?

Thanks,

Ratana

baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org wrote:
On Thu, Mar 15, 2007 at 03:06:49PM -0400, I wrote:

> Finally, on video memory: how crucial will it be to magicpoint's speed to have more than 1MB of video memory? Can I
> expect a card with that amount to enable me to scroll quickly through my slides at 1152x864 resolution? Would more
> video memory help speed in that way, or is that more a function of CPU speed and/or system RAM?

For displaying at 1152x864x16 a 2MB video card appears to work fine. But until I try this in something alot faster than
a P 90--despite the fact that this machine has almost 100 MB of RAM--I won't be able to judge to what extent it might
be the source of the slow response I'm getting from magicpoint. Bottom line seems to be that if you want to display at
that resolution, you're going to want to use nothing less than a P2 or equivalent.

James