baslinux - Re: [BL] Using X 6C

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Using X 6C
  • Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2007 12:31:52 +0000 (UTC)

On Sun, 11 Mar 2007 baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org wrote:

On Sun, 11 Mar 2007 baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org wrote:

[delete]

It is possible that the problems I had on Debian with Zgv/Svgalib _were_
because of the i810 chip. It would crash, sometimes, when I exited Zgv and
that crash
was video-monitor related. A lot of other people had the same problem,
though, and I doubt that they all used a chipset from that family.

Would you please try it with the latest svgalib that I just compiled and posted specifically for the i810, 260K libvga.so.1.9.25 (and you will need libvga.gl if you use zgv - from the larger .tgz). I want to know whether to try setting up the onboard i810. If it does not work with svgalib I won't bother because I want a chip that works with that as well as X, preferably Xvesa so I can simply copy linux between drives but we don't have enough free slots in one board.

Of course, with any box that came with one of those chipsets, X
will run just fine and you wouldn't _need_ Svgalib.

About the Xi810 server. Like Xvesa and all of the other kdrive servers,
it is configured via commandline options and arguments and ignores
Xorg or XFree86 config files.

I'm using this startx on my glibc2 BL3:

#!/bin/sh

xinit -- /usr/X11R6/bin/Xi810 -screen 800x600x32 -3button -ac bc -terminate

Similar to identical to Xvesa. That is nice.

/quote

The ~/.xinitrc and ~/.Xdefaults are similar to those for Xvesa/sWM, too.

Lee