baslinux - Re: [BL] Hard Copy

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Hard Copy
  • Date: Sun, 4 Feb 2007 15:22:21 +0000 (UTC)

And if I exit and select option 3 (Install printer module) and then
option 4 (Print document) I get the message 'lp1 off line' and the
system locks up, just echoing characters from the keyboard, with no
commands doing anything.

If your computer has one parallel port it should be lp0 not lp1.
Is your printer turned on as well as connected to the parallel port?
Does it print properly in DOS?

Possibly it is a peculiarity of my computer, so I'll just have to
reconcile myself to not being able to print from BL3.

Maybe you need to tell lp the address, if it is nonstandard. I had to do this to get a second parallel port to work as lp1. (It came with the MGA card and had to be set to a different address and IRQ than the onboard port). Can you go into setup and check in BIOS what the parallel port address is? Do you have it set to something other than the default?

. ,-./\
. / \ from Greg Mayman, in Adelaide, South Australia
. \_,-*_/ "Queen City of The South" 34:55 S 138:36 E
. v