baslinux - Re: [BL] Hard Copy

  • From: "Greg Mayman" <gmone AT tpg.com.au>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Hard Copy
  • Date: Sun, 04 Feb 2007 12:13:32 +1030

On Sat, 3 Feb 2007 02:52:35 +0000 (UTC), sindi keesan wrote:

> Before the lp module will insert, you need to activate the parallel port
> (printer port) by inserting (insmod) parport and parport_pc.
> The 'wp' script inserts the modules for you.

OK, let's try it..........

'insmod parport' gives
Using /lib/modules/2.2.26/misc/parport.o
Using /lib/modules/2.2.26/misc/parport_pc.o

Then 'insmod lp' gives
Using /lib/modules/2.2.26/misc/lp.o
lp: no devices found
insmod: init_module: lp: Device or resource busy.

> If you get a list of unresolved symbols as above, you can often guess what
> module you are missing from them - in this case something with parport in
> it (two such somethings).

> To print to any printer later than a dot-matrix, you would also need to
> convert the unix style file to a DOS style file with dos2unix, which the
> wp script also does for you. Take a look at wp (Steven's script).

I would love to, if you tell me what its name is, so I can locate it.

'find -name wp*.*' returns nothing, nada, zilch, nought and zero.

Something is obviously wrong.

Perhaps the Windows fix-all solution is needed: delete everything and
re-install it.

. ,-./\
. / \ from Greg Mayman, in Adelaide, South Australia
. \_,-*_/ "Queen City of The South" 34:55 S 138:36 E
. v