baslinux - [BL] Hard Copy

  • From: "Greg Mayman" <gmone AT tpg.com.au>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [BL] Hard Copy
  • Date: Fri, 02 Feb 2007 16:40:56 +1030

How do I make a hard copy of a file from within BL?

I want to print out some files I have downloaded with lists of commands
for linux, so I can practice using the commands.

The BL2 FAQ says I can use wp. I can open it but I can't make it load
any files.

The FAQ also says I can execute 'insmod lp' to find which printer port
is active, then 'cat {filename} >/dev/lp0' or 'lp1' according to the
result of the previous command.

But 'insmod lp' returns the following:

Using /lib/modules/2.2.26/misc/lp.o
insmod: unresolved symbol parport_unregister_device
insmod: unresolved symbol parport_enumerate
insmod: unresolved symbol parport_claim_or_block
insmod: unresolved symbol parport_register_device
insmod: unresolved symbol parport_release

There must be a way that is easier than copying the file to the DOS
environment and using a DOS command or DOS utility to print it.

. ,-./\
. / \ from Greg Mayman, in Adelaide, South Australia
. \_,-*_/ "Queen City of The South" 34:55 S 138:36 E
. v