baslinux - Re: [BL] long filenames 29

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] long filenames 29
  • Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2007 03:51:49 +0000 (UTC)

On Tue, 30 Jan 2007, Greg Mayman wrote:

On Mon, 29 Jan 2007 22:48:34 +1300, 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org wrote:

Greg Mayman wrote:

But I can't read it until I can install the
lynx package that I have also just downloaded.

Why do you need lynx to read it? Won't links do it?

mc says it needs it.

I don't know whether links will do it.

You do not need mc to read a file.

A file ending in .htm or .html should be readable by most browsers, including links, directly.

links (Enter)
filename.html (Enter)

Does your local public library have any introductory linux books that you could read while waiting for yours to arrive?