baslinux - Re: [BL] pico as RTF editor

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] pico as RTF editor
  • Date: Sat, 27 Jan 2007 16:23:31 +0000 (UTC)

There are probably also keybindings for non-X terminals.

kbd.tgz

dumpkeys lists keycodes, and there are sections string and compose which define F keys and combination keys (s + z to give some extended ASCII character viewable with pico after dumpkeys > dumpkeys.txt)

loadkeys can load a keymap table or change individual mappings. To defined PgUp and PgDn on my 84-key keyboard to scroll backward and forward like Page Up and Page Down on the larger keyboard, I added to /etc/rc.d/rc.M:

/usr/bin/loadkeys << EOF
shift keycode 73 = Scroll_Backward
shift keycode 81 = Scroll_Forward
EOF

So I can probably map the F keys and key combinations outside of X and type F1 and F2, or Ctrl-B and Shift-B, for bold on and off '\b' and '\b0 '
or '{\b ' and '}' .

Writing my own RTF editor might be easier than teaching people to use their scanners properly but it still won't save download time.

Steven, thanks for the keybindings idea. If I worked in X I would need to either toggle between windows to scroll, or switch workspaces.