baslinux - Re: [BL] pico as RTF editor

  • From: 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] pico as RTF editor
  • Date: Sat, 27 Jan 2007 17:39:06 +1300

David Moberg wrote:

> Abiword apparently renames RTFs to DOCs

AbiWord will put whatever suffix you specify.
If you tell AbiWord to put a DOC suffix on an RTF
file, it will. But I have never seen it do this
automatically.

> and Word will open them.

My wife regularly creates RTF documents in AbiWord
(running on a BL3 laptop), emails them to her work
address, and prints them the next day in MS-Word.

> An advanced console mode editor (I think vim and
> vde are in this category) will let you bind keys
> to various modes

It's possible to bind keys in the BL3 editor too.
Just run it in X and define your keybindings in
~/.Xdefaults. For example, if you add this to
the bottom of .Xdefaults
rxvt*keysym.0xFFBE:"<A HREF="
It will output that string every time you press F1
(even inside e3pi). The keysym for F2 is 0xFFBF
and F3 is 0xFFC0 (and so on).