baslinux - Re: [BL] pico as RTF editor

  • From: "David Moberg" <davidjmoberg AT gmail.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] pico as RTF editor
  • Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2007 16:05:29 -0800

sindi keesan wrote:
Leave a space after each of these tags:

{\rtf start rtf file

Good idea: writing RTF by hand. I didn't know it was this easy.

\page new page (difficult to do in HTML

HTML is for hypertext, not printing.

default font and font size and colors.

Wikipedia has this example, which sets fonts:
"As an example, the following RTF code:

{\rtf1\ansi{\fonttbl\f0\fswiss Helvetica;}\f0
Hello!\par
This is some {\b bold} text.\par
}"

RTF spec is here: http://latex2rtf.sourceforge.net/RTF-Spec-1.0.txt

" ...
{\colortbl;\red0\green0\blue0;\red0\green0\blue255;}

The following example defines a block of text in color (where
supported). Note that the cf/cb index is the index of an entry in the
color table, which represents a red/green/blue color combination.

{\f1\cb1\cf2 This is colored text. The background is color
1 and the foreground is color 2.
..."

Pictures can also be added, although it's probably best to distribute
them as a compressed raster bitmap format or PS/PDF.

For more tags see http:\\keesan.freeshell.org\bl.rtf.txt .

http://keesan.freeshell.org/bl/ has a link to rtf.txt, which is a
redirect to http://sdf.lonestar.org/403.html. "This URL could not be
accessed due to one or more of the following reasons:
The file or parent directory did not have appropriate permissions (run
mkhomepg -p at the shell)
The server is actually experiencing problems (check the ANNOUNCE
bboard at the shell)
Sincerely,

The SDF..."

This could be sent to anyone using MS WORD,

Abiword apparently renames RTFs to DOCs, and Word will open them.

One could also do search and replace instead of typing the tags out.
Other ideas?

An advanced console mode editor (I think vim and vde are in this
category) will let you bind keys to various modes, and display the
formatting as you type, using vt100 terminal escape sequences.

David