baslinux - Re: [BL] Cannot dial in BL2 with icewm menu F

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: lforrestster AT gmail.com, baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Cannot dial in BL2 with icewm menu F
  • Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2007 20:57:32 +0000 (UTC)

On Thu, 18 Jan 2007, Lee Forrest wrote:

On Fri, Jan 19, 2007 at 03:24:29AM +0000, sindi keesan wrote:
We have a 'dial' script that loads modules and runs ppp-on in an rxvt,
but when it connects it immediately disconnects. In BL2. (This works in
BL3, not sure if the script is identical).

You should check.

Typing 'dial' in an rxvt or a terminal works.

in the icewm menu:
prog "dial" - rxvt -e dial

Try:

prog "dial" dial

Did not work.

What worked is
prog "dial" - dial

Instead of dial I tried first inserting the modules and then in the menu
eznet up 0 or ppp-on.

If the modules need to be installed before dial runs, then try something like
this:

prog "dial" - insmod <module alias> && insmod <module alias> && dial

That inserted only one module of three.

Maybe:

prog "dial" - 'insmod <module alias> && insmod <module alias> && dial'

Did not work at all.

Thanks for suggesting that I leave out the rxvt, which you apparently need for regular non-X executables but not for scripts.