baslinux - Re: [BL] Mining the Archive

  • From: Ron Clarke <ariadne AT ausreg.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Mining the Archive
  • Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2007 09:02:16 +1100

Hi Folks,

On Tue, 16 Jan 2007 08:06:43 +1030
"Greg Mayman" <gmone AT tpg.com.au> wrote:

> On Mon, 15 Jan 2007 16:46:46 +1100, Ron Clarke wrote:
>
> > No. You should find it in /root
> > and its name is : .xinitrc notice the "." as the first character
> > of its
> > name.
>
> Once I had a clue as to where to look, mc found it, but with a * in
> front of the name.

The star is mc's way of showing that it is executable. You will notice
that the file's name is also in a different colour to the other,
non-executable, files.

Also: using F3 to view htm files with mc doesn't work (as you have
noticed) because it is set, by default, to use lynx for that purpose. It is
possible to change that by editing the extension file, but that might be
better left for later.

Regards,
Ron

--