baslinux - Re: [BL] Mining the Archive

  • From: "Greg Mayman" <gmone AT tpg.com.au>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Mining the Archive
  • Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2007 16:14:55 +1030

On Tue, 16 Jan 2007 09:02:16 +1100, Ron Clarke wrote:

> The star is mc's way of showing that it is executable. You will notice that
> the
> file's name is also in a different colour to the other, non-executable,
> files.

Yes. There is no mention in the man pages about what the "+", "-", "*"
and whatever else characters mean or what the different colours imply.

> Also: using F3 to view htm files with mc doesn't work (as you have noticed)
> because it is set, by default, to use lynx for that purpose. It is possible
> change that by editing the extension file, but that might be better left
> for
> later.

Hmmmm.... I thought it was links it had trouble using. But maybe I was
wrong.

It is such a pain trying to do email under DOS while talking about
things that happen under BL. Rebooting, checking what happens, writing
down the error messages, rebooting again to write the reply...

. ,-./\
. / \ from Greg Mayman, in Adelaide, South Australia
. \_,-*_/ "Queen City of The South" 34:55 S 138:36 E
. v