baslinux - Re: [BL] Tiny Linux in General -postcript 7

  • From: Karolis Lyvens <karolisl AT gmail.com>
  • To: lforrestster AT gmail.com, baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Tiny Linux in General -postcript 7
  • Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2007 19:00:33 +0200

On Sun, Jan 14, 2007 at 03:51:22PM +0000, Lee Forrest wrote:
> That's misleading: The server, like all the other servers, would
> contain only a directory tree(s) from which files would be retrieved
> or uploaded. There wouldn't be any kind of program like a database
> or wiki running there.

Actually, the wiki software doesn't have to be complex:

-----
http://awkiawki.bogosoft.com/
-----

I haven't tried it, but it looks pretty interesting; 300 lines of code
and it is said in the site that it was written for a 36MHz box... So I
think that it wouldn't be too heavy for BasLinux.

Also, this thing looks pretty interesting too (about 500 lines of shell
code = a wiki engine):

-----
http://wikish.do.homeunix.org/
-----

A huge list of wiki engines could be found here:

-----
http://www.c2.com/cgi/wiki?WikiEngines
-----

By the way, not all of wiki engines require databases; many of them can
use plain files (like ones i mentioned)