baslinux - [BL] Fw: Re: Tiny Linux in General 1

  • From: 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org
  • To: BasicLinux List <baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [BL] Fw: Re: Tiny Linux in General 1
  • Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2007 06:30:47 +1300

Lee Forrest wrote:

> At a typical dialup speed of 1.3KB/s, an hour of listening to
> music requires downloading a 4.7MB file. If higher speeds are
> needed, the file would, of course, be larger.
>
> Even if you don't run a GUI you have to have the software and
> hardware to make your screen and keyboard function.

We've already got that. mplayer works fine with BasicLinux
running on a 486.

> Pretty hard to access the internet for mail or web or ftp
> when your entire bandwidth is taken up by a radio station

Yes, there are internet radio stations that take up (or exceed)
the entire dial-up bandwidth. However, there are plenty that
don't. I regularly listen to a 16kb station while browsing the
web and sending/receiving emails. Works fine.