baslinux - Re: [BL] Fw: Re: Tiny Linux in General 3

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: lforrestster AT gmail.com, BasicLinux List <baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Fw: Re: Tiny Linux in General 3
  • Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2007 05:10:30 +0000 (UTC)

That surprises me. But then, I don't know anything about that
sort of software, because my computer doesn't make any sound
but "beep" and the whir of the hdd.

If you load a few sound modules and plug in cheap headphones you too can get sound out of your computer. I did it with the i810 video/sound chip with timidity (midi files, download fast) and mplayer, but that chip produces the wrong frequency for most of the other sound programs.

I like listening to the radio, often, news/talk and music, when I
am at my computer.

Me too but there is nothing on the radio that I want to listen to half the time, and what there is comes in so weak it sounds really bad from the two stations that play mostly classical.

I would guess that you are talking about talk/news radio. Hard to
imagine hi-fidelity music being effectively transferred at that
speed.

It sounds much better than a weak broadcast. No static.

Lee