baslinux - Re: [BL] Automating copying to floppy disk

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Automating copying to floppy disk
  • Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2007 13:58:57 +0000 (UTC)

On Mon, 15 Jan 2007 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org wrote:

sindi keesan wrote:

BL3 will only dial as 'root'.

That's not correct. It is possible to configure eznet/pppd
so that an ordinary user can do ppp-on and ppp-off.

How? Have you dialed and used Xvesa and Opera as 'user'?

How could I automate things so that a file saved to Abiword's
default location would be copied to a floppy disk

Why not copy the file to floppy from AbiWord? Once the floppy
is mounted, AbiWord will treat it just like any other directory.

This is for a 15 year old who never heard of linux and just wants to use the internet and write school papers, and lives in another town so I cannot help teach him to use the computer. I would rather put on linux than Win98. So I need to automate mounting and unmounting the floppy disk somehow. He will not have a printer, the neighbor said he could use hers.

It would be nice if 'Remove floppy disk now' could flash on
the screen but Abiword will already be occupying the screen.

xmessage

Do I need a sleep 15 or some other sort of pause while it copies?

Just tell them to wait for the drive's light to turn off
before removing the floppy. As for mounting/umounting
the floppy, you could make those menu items.

I cannot trust an unknown 15 year old to remember this. Even I forget.
Maybe he can learn to email his file?