baslinux - Re: [BL] Fw: Re: Tiny Linux in General 3

  • From: 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org
  • To: BasicLinux List <baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Fw: Re: Tiny Linux in General 3
  • Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2007 11:44:27 +1300

Lee Forrest wrote:

> > I regularly listen to a 16kb station while browsing the
> > web and sending/receiving emails. Works fine.
>
> I would guess that you are talking about talk/news radio.

Yes. I listen to news and commentary (the stuff on my
local radio is parocial and often has an anti-American
bias). I also listen to college football games and
commentary (the sport on my local radio is cricket,
rugby and soccer).

> Hard to imagine hi-fidelity music being effectively
> transferred at that speed.

True, most music stations stream at 32kbps or higher,
but I have no need for them. There are plenty of other
options for music.