baslinux - Re: [BL] Tiny Linux in General

  • From: "Ron Clarke" <ariadne AT ausreg.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Tiny Linux in General
  • Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2007 10:24:56 +1000

Hi Folks,

On Sat, 13 Jan 2007 05:19:11 +0000 (UTC), sindi keesan wrote:

>> Again: I suggest that you get an FM radio and listen to a classical music
>>> station. They are all over the place. Relying on computers to do things
>>> that are already done very well by existing services is wasteful.

> They may be all over your place but not all over my place.

Nor mine. I am only about 70 km from Melbourne (Oz), but in the
upper Yarra valley - reception of FM is poor at the best of times, even
if there were stations broadcasting my preferred content.

> Are there any good dialup-speed classical stations in Australia?
> The timing would be perfect to avoid 'drive time'.

I don't know. I have had a search for Shoutcast stations here, but
have found very few in Oz that weren't typical commercial/pop.
There is an Australian Broadcasting Corporation (ABC) classical station
on FM, and a matching internet version, but I am not sure of the protocol.

Have a try with:

http://www.abc.net.au/streaming/classic/classicfm.m3u

Regards,
Ron