baslinux - [BL] Fw: Re: Tiny Linux in General

  • From: 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org
  • To: BasicLinux List <baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [BL] Fw: Re: Tiny Linux in General
  • Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2007 06:31:19 +1300

Lee Forrest wrote:

> I don't see why you don't just use a regular windoze-wannabee
> linux distro if you want to do so much of what they do. They are
> free.

Because windoze-wannabee distros do not run well (or at all)
on my hardware.

> Why be into old computers if you aren't into the old internet?

I am "into" old computers because I own several old computers.

> They go together.

Not necessarily. It is certainly true that the "new" internet
carries a lot of bandwidth-clogging ephemera, but there is also
a lot of useful stuff there that works just fine on an old PC
with a dial-up connection. Just because my computer was made
in 1995 doesn't mean I have to use a 1995 modem and run 1995
applications.

  • [BL] Fw: Re: Tiny Linux in General, 3aoo-cvfd, 01/13/2007