baslinux - Re: [BL] X

  • From: Lee Forrest <lforrestster AT gmail.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] X
  • Date: Sat, 6 Jan 2007 14:13:07 +0000

On Sat, Jan 06, 2007 at 03:17:11PM -0600, James Miller wrote:

> On Sat, Jan 06, 2007 at 12:49:52PM +0000, Lee Forrest wrote:
>
> > I'm starting to get used to it. Does great FTP browsing too,
> > Imust admit.
>
> I haven't used BL much in the last year or so, but last time I
> did I was having more and more problems doing ftp with links.
> Certain ftp sites (including many of the Slack mirrors) simply
> wouldn't interact with links (I couldn't get a directory
> listing). Is no one else seeing these sorts of problems with
> BL3's links? Could it have been something peculiar to the
> machine I was testing on, or my connection (broadband) to the
> 'net? Problems doing ftp was one of the most bothersome things
> about BL3/links when I was last using it.

Here's a simple script written mostly by Steven:

#!/bin/sh

#ftpls.sh

server="$1"
dir="$2"

if test "$dir" = ""
then dir="/"
fi

(echo user anonymous
echo pass xxxxx
echo stat "$dir"
echo quit) | nc "$server" 21 | less

#On the commandline, server address is the first argument,
#and the directory you want to examine is the second,
#seperated by at least one space. Ex: /pub/roses
#No dir argument and the top dir is selected.

I haven't had enough experience with links to comment
on your difficulties with it, James.

Lee

--
BasicLinux: Small is Beautiful