baslinux - Re: [BL] X

  • From: "David Moberg" <davidjmoberg AT gmail.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] X
  • Date: Sat, 6 Jan 2007 09:36:46 -0800

Lee Forrest wrote:

(The fact that you can't cut&paste from/to links 0.9.0
is to me a fatal flaw.)

I cut&paste to and from it all the time. Maybe I'm misunderstanding
the problem, but to copy and paste with links you hold down the shift
key, and while you're holding it down you use the mouse to select what
to copy. Then it pastes normally with the shift key down if you're
pasting to links, otherwise no shift key is necessary. Does this work
for you? Or is the mouse requirement a problem? If the latter, it
might be possible to do this with the keyboard, but probably slightly
more difficult (selecting with a mouse is easier). I will look for
directions. I think mousekeys work, but then you would need a larger X
server.

David