baslinux - [BL] httpd (was: base64 (MIME) encoder/decoder)

  • From: Lee Forrest <lforrestster AT gmail.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [BL] httpd (was: base64 (MIME) encoder/decoder)
  • Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2006 15:26:24 +0000

On Fri, Dec 29, 2006 at 09:52:53PM +0000, sindi keesan wrote:
> On Sat, 30 Dec 2006 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org wrote:
>
> > sindi keesan wrote:
> >>
> >> I mean to find a small ftp server (wu_ftp?) so I can
> >> transfer files to and from a Windows computer over a
> >> network cable.
> >
> > BasicLinux already has httpd. Why not use that?
>
> I forget, did you come up with a way to transfer files from a linux
> computer running httpd to a Windows computer, using a browser?

httpd is a webserver. To download a file in your server's
main directory, they'd put this in the navigator box of
their browser, like any other URL:

http://10.82.155.9/file.html

Substituting your IP for that one.

"http://"; tells their browser to connect to port 80, the
standard webserver port.

Their browser would download the file into RAM and then
they'd hit Save to write it to disk.

It could be any kind of file, of course.

Lee

--
BasicLinux: Small is Beautiful
http://www.basiclinux.com.ru