baslinux - Re: [BL] NFS on BL3

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: BasicLinux List <baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [BL] NFS on BL3
  • Date: Wed, 6 Dec 2006 00:21:58 +0000 (UTC)

Should I be able to mount BL2 from one computer on BL3 of another
computer? I have not tried yet to run programs from the other computer.

I forget which is server and which is client, but it works in both directions between BL3 with 'big' kernel. I am dialed in with one computer and mounted that file system on /mnt of the other one. I can
cd /mnt/usr/local/bin and run ./lynx but it does not go online.

/mnt/bin/ping www.grex.org -
ping: www.grex.org: Unknown host.

What do I add to make programs on the right-hand computer usable ONLINE on the left-hand computer?

Can this sort of setup be used to share a dialup connection the way the
serial/telnet network could?

Not yet.

Presumably you can also run X programs this way.