baslinux - Re: [BL] NFS on BL3

  • From: 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] NFS on BL3
  • Date: Wed, 06 Dec 2006 07:11:38 +1300

sindi keesan wrote:

> > I fed it a network filesystem (NFS) from my desktop.
>
> Does this mean you can access all the files on the desktop
> from your laptop?

Yes. Both reading and writing (rw in /etc/exports).
You can also give root priviledges to the client
(no_root_squash in /etc/exports).

> > edit /etc/exports ---> / client_address(rw)
> > rpc.portmap
> > rpc.mountd
> > rpc.nfsd
>
> I don't understand what you did here. Do you put four
> lines in /etc/exports that look like the above four lines?

No.

> Or put one line in the exports and type the next three lines CLI?

Yes. /etc/exports should look something like this:
/ 192.168.1.7(rw,no_root_squash)

> The server is the desktop?

Yes (although you can do it the other way round if you wish).

> > mount -t nfs server_address:/ /mnt
>
> Does this mount all the files on the desktop to /mnt on the laptop?

It mounts / on the server to /mnt on the client.
You can change either of those in the mount command.