baslinux - Re: [BL] ADSL stuff-up (was ADSL setup)

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] ADSL stuff-up (was ADSL setup)
  • Date: Wed, 2 Aug 2006 19:17:43 +0000 (UTC)

I have previously tried to do that, but never managed anything other than a plip connection. But I can try again. I have two orange (RJ45 ?) cross-over chords to play with. But the newer computer only has an on-board ethernet connection, so I will have to try it with SW10 on that machine, and BL2 on this one.

I have BL2 working with tulip.o and an onboard ethernet chip in a Compaq. I used the net SW71 kernel and it seemed to identify it with that module. Or you can just insmod all the more common network modules: tulip rtl8139 3c59x... until one of them works. 'device or resource busy' means the device for that module was not found.

How would one determine which network chip was identified by Slackware 10 if it did not actually insert a module?

To communicate between machines insmod network modules at both ends, then ifconfig eth0 192.168.1.1 on one and the same with 1.2 on the other than try pinging them. Simpler than plip. Sometimes I lose the connection and have to 'ifconfig eth0 down' and redo it.