baslinux - Re: [BL] ADSL stuff-up (was ADSL setup)

  • From: Ron Clarke <ariadne AT earthlink.com.au>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] ADSL stuff-up (was ADSL setup)
  • Date: Tue, 1 Aug 2006 15:03:49 +1000

Hi Folks,

On Tue, 01 Aug 2006 16:47:24 +1200
3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org wrote:

> Ron Clarke wrote:
> >
> > but there is no address given.
> >
> > Lo Link encap:Local Loopback
> > LOOPBACK MTU:3925 Metric:1
> > RX packets:0 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
> > TX packets:0 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
> > collisions:0 txqueuelen:0
> >
> > Is this what is broken ?
>
> That looks like it. Try doing the following:
> ---------------------
> ifconfig lo 127.0.0.1
> ---------------------
> Does that help your ping?

Well, the "neighbour table overflow" messages have stopped, but the ping
didn't get through.
45 packets transmitted 0 packets received 100% packet loss.

and "route" shows only one entry: 192.168.1.0

Shouldn't this be 192.168.1.1 ?

Regards,
Ron

PS: I managed to get BL3 onto this network (from a different partition on the
same machine/NIC as the BL2 installation). It was remarkably simple:

insmod rtl8139
ifconfig 192.168.1.5
uhdcpc

and I could ping the server, and surf the net. But that BL3 is not the
will-become-mission-critical installation, so it's only academic interest at
the moment, but it does show that the hardware is OK.

I am sending this email from a second (new) machine running SW10.2 which
configured itself to the LAN.

Regards,
Ron

--