baslinux - Re: [BL] ltmodem, member contributions pages and misc.

  • From: "David Moberg" <davidjmoberg AT gmail.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] ltmodem, member contributions pages and misc.
  • Date: Sat, 24 Jun 2006 13:15:37 -0700

sindi keesan wrote:
David, do you have time yet to compile ltmodem modules for 2.4.31?

I might be able to build them later today.

(Or to play midi files to an electronic keyboard with linux).

I have tested MIDI playback to a keyboard in BL3.40. Playback does
appear to work. I haven't tested recording yet, probably because I
don't know what software to use.

Basically, follow the general sound setup outline on:
http://basiclinux.com.ru/sound.html. But be sure that you have the
correct value for the mpu_io sound module parameter. Otherwise, it
will not work.

To play midis to the keyboard, I used the playmidi-BL3 package from
your BL add-ons page. The playmidi help text says that the -e option
is for playback to an 'external midi device' - this worked to play to
a keyboard attached to the sound card via a DIN-type plug connected to
a gameport adapter.

playmidi -e wwsong07.mid

You might want to turn the volume down on the keyboard.

Do you know if rosegarden works for recording? I saw a binary on your
website but I am not sure if it will work on BL3. I will download and
test it now.

David