baslinux - Re: [BL] ltmodem, member contributions pages and misc.

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] ltmodem, member contributions pages and misc.
  • Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2006 17:51:36 +0000 (UTC)

David, do you have time yet to compile ltmodem modules for 2.4.31?
(Or to play midi files to an electronic keyboard with linux).

On Thu, 1 Jun 2006, David Moberg wrote:

sindi keesan wrote:

How do I compile ltmodem for 2.4.31? Do I have to recompile the kernel
first and then all the modules, or can I do just one module?

Ken originally reported his progress here:

https://lists.ibiblio.org/sympa/arc/baslinux/2006-January/009524.html

The ltmodem site says that the package does not work on 2.4.21. It is
not clear whether 2.4.31 will work. You or I will need to test
compiling it with 2.4.31. If you try this, you will need the 2.4.31
kernel source code package, unpacked where the source code can find
it. (3 most common locations: /usr/src/linux /usr/src/linux-2.4.31
/lib/modules/2.4.31/build) I don't have the 2.4.31 source tree set up
right now, so if you wait for me to build them, you will need to wait
at least a week.

Ken says you need to run three scripts with bash - see the Firstread file.
David