baslinux - Re: [BL] Cdrom

  • From: elmarsa dice <elmarsadice AT yahoo.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Cdrom
  • Date: Wed, 31 May 2006 14:53:33 -0700 (PDT)

--- 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org wrote:

> elmarsa dice wrote:
> >
> > I believe the card is a D-Link DFE-530TX+ PCI adapter.
>
> That probably uses the rtl8139.o module. You will find
> it in the net directory of the 2.2.26 modules (BL3 site).
> Put it in /lib/modules/2.2.26/misc. Then do:

the driver rtl8139.o was not on the BL3 site. I started up Knoppix
and downloaded the linux driver from the dlink site but so far have
not been able to copy it to the basiclinux harddrive. It's also in
txt format with a .c extention. I don't know if that will work. I
also downloaded it on my windowsxp machine and put it on a floppy but
for some reason basiclinux will not read the floppy so I can copy it
to the modules directory. I think its the formatting of the floppy
although when I downloaded BL3 originally it was to the same type of
formatted floppy. I also looked at the modules on the knoppix cd to
see if I could recognize the driver which makes the nework card work
but didn't see anything. Guess I'll just keep fooling around with it
till it works.
> insmod rtl8139
> What does it say?
>
> I believe the 8139too.o module is an updated version of
> the same thing. If rtl8139 doesn't work, try 8139too.
>
> Cheers,
> Steven

> baslinux-request AT lists.ibiblio.org

elmarsa