baslinux - Re: [BL] Cdrom

  • From: elmarsa dice <elmarsadice AT yahoo.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Cdrom
  • Date: Mon, 29 May 2006 10:52:07 -0700 (PDT)

--- 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org wrote:

> elmarsa dice wrote:
> >
> > > If it's a desktop, the hardest part is figuring out
> > > which driver (module) to use.
> >
> > It's a desktop, any suggestions.
>
> Is your NIC a separate card or is it built into the motherboard?
>
> If your NIC is a separate card, is it ISA or PCI?

It's a separate card plugged into one of the open slots on the
motherboard. It's PCI. Did a dmesg on and found the following for
the PCI hardware.
PCI: PCI bios revision 2.10 entry at 0xfb360
PCI: Using configuration type 1
PCI: Probing PCI hardware
Linux Net 4.0 for Linux 2.2
Based on Swansea University Computer Society Net 3.039
Net 4: Unix domain sockets 1.0 for Linux Net 4.0
Net 4: Linux TCP/IP 1.0 for Net4.0
IP protocols: ICMP, UMP, TCP

> If your NIC is built-in, what kind of motherboard/computer is it?
>
> Has your NIC been working in another operating system (eg Windows)?

Yes it has been working on win98, and knoppix.
I have the installation disk for the card which I installed some time
ago. I believe the card is a D-Link DFE-530TX+ PCI adapter.

> If so, what driver did it use for that?

I really don't know precisely. I am running Linux on a separate
harddrive which is in a portable rack. Win98 is on another harddrive
and as you know knoppix is a livecd.

> Cheers,
> Steven

> baslinux-request AT lists.ibiblio.org