baslinux - Re: [BL] Parallel port CD-ROM drive

  • From: "Karolis Lyvens" <karolisl AT gmail.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Parallel port CD-ROM drive
  • Date: Sun, 21 May 2006 13:12:50 -0400

Thanks, it seems it'll work now, but one more question: how can i
create the device file and mount it? The script supplied gives some
kind of weird error: "-sh: ./parcd: not found" (parcd is the filename
i have given to this script). Maybe i need to install bash instead of
sh?

On 5/21/06, sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org> wrote:
On Sat, 20 May 2006, sindi keesan wrote:

> On Sat, 20 May 2006, Karolis Lyvens wrote:
>
>> Is it possible to connect external parallel port CDROM drive to BasicLinux?
>> The model is MULTIPORT CD-JET SL.

According to another site, your CD-ROM drive has chip KBIC-971A and the
third module for it would be kbic.o, so insmod paride, insmod pcd, insmod
kbic.

How would we determine the chip name from the device itself?